Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter conviction, part two...

In the words of Jen Hatmaker, "Jesus is really messing with me". I mean, first I begin a purge in my life (that still continues) to rid my life of all things that distract and detract from my focus on God, then, we burst the bubble of the whole Santa thing (yes, my 10 year old got misty-eyed over it). Then, we ditch our broadcast t.v. Oh my, what's next??

As a follow up to yesterday's post about bunnies and baskets for Easter, I want to share with you a few links you might find rattles your brains a bit. Did you ever stop and think WHY we even have bunnies and eggs for Easter? Where the name Easter came from? Have you ever googled Easter traditions? None of them - the rabbit, the eggs, the basket - have anything to do with Jesus.

Alpha and Omega have done a nice compilation of each tradition here - Alpha and Omega publications (and lest you think they have a slant because it's a Christian company, I say google away and you'll find the same info. They've just taken the time to consolidate it into one place).

But here, this link will make your eyes go buggy and even though your brain will hurt, your heart will ache even more. As Jen Hatmaker says in the book, "7", "church SHOULD BE a hospital for the sick not a showcase for the healthy". Both of these links are direct excerpts from the book. Giggle and be convicted here and here. Seriously, go read them. Jesus will grab hold of your heart and will mess it all up. I promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment